The U40 Executive Committee is excited to present the 2018 U40 Development Tour to Chicago, featuring three days of expert insight into the development activities, planning policies, and social fabric that has made Chicago the vibrant city it is today.
There are only 40 initial spots available - sign up now! All UDI members are welcome to join the tour.
Day 1 - Thursday, April 26, 2018
Evening Welcome Reception
- networking event with light refreshments and snacks for all attendees.
(Reception might change to Friday night to accommodate everyone's flight.)
Chicago Cubs Game - head to Wrigley Field to watch the Cubs take on the Milwaukee Brewers
Day 2 - Friday, April 27, 2018
Morning Development Tour - Hines Development Company
- River Point is a state-of-the-art 52-story office tower located in Chicago's West Loop submarket. Designed by Pickard Chilton Architects, the project offers dramatic world-class architecture, efficient interior design and outstanding views. First-class amenities include a 1.5-acre public park and landscaped riverwalk with extraordinary views of the Chicago River and Wacker Drive, a 150-car garage, amenity retail, fine dining restaurant, fitness center, and building conference center.
Afternoon Sales Centre Tour - Magellan Development Group
- Vista Residences is a 94 storey luxury condo tower designed by Jeanne Gang, it will be Chicago's third tallest building. It is situated in Lakeshore East, Magellan Development's award-winning neighborhood, Vista is unsurpassed. It stands at the point where the Chicago River and Lake Michigan meet, providing access to Chicago's finest attractions and amenities.
Afternoon Tour - World of Whirlpool Appliance Factory
- A guided tour through the World of Whirlpool Appliance factory and show room located on Chicago River in the heart of the City. Located in the penthouse of the historic Reid-Murdoch Building in downtown Chicago, it is the international brand and product experience center for Whirlpool Corporation. The nearly 30,000-square-foot facility features 12 exquisite demonstration kitchens, interactive laundry showrooms, unique meeting spaces and incredible rooftop entertaining areas overlooking the Chicago River.
Day 3 - Saturday, April 28, 2018
- Chicago Detours Loop Interior Architecture Tour - private walking tour which takes groups into magnificent lobbies, corridors, and the underground Pedway system. This two hour tour provides an in-depth look at architecture and a personal, cultural approach to downtown Chicago. It's a perfect compliment to an architectural boat cruise on the river, which only view the exteriors of buildings.
- Chicago Architecture Foundation River Cruise - You'll find out how Chicago grew from a small settlement into one of the world's largest cities in less than 100 years. In 90 minutes, get the real story on Chicago architecture and its history showcasing over 50 buildings along the river.
Day 4 - Sunday, April 29, 2018
End of Tour - flights back to Vancouver